The 2019 Atlantic Hurricane Season starts on June 1st
With the official start of the 2019 Atlantic Hurricane Season, the staff of the Florida Retail Federation is once again ready to assist our members with preparation, response and recovery. Below are some points of contact and useful information.
- Visit www.floridadisaster.biz to register your business;
- Complete a Disaster Planning Toolkit at www.floridadisaster.biz/DisasterPlanningToolkit
- Florida’s Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday, takes place May 31-June 6. The Department of Revenue’s Tax Information Publication (TIP) listing all the eligible items for the holiday can be found by clicking HERE.
- Re-Entry Requirements: If a storm impacts Florida, one of our primary goals is to assist with the rapid restoration of local businesses. We will work with local officials and law enforcement to assist our members with re-entry to affected areas.
- Florida’s Statewide Private Sector Re-Entry Requirements remain unchanged and are as follows:
- Individuals and businesses seeking to provide essential commodities and services to impacted areas will be allowed re-entry by possessing and presenting to local officials:
- A valid government-issued ID, such as a Driver’s License or passport
- Proof of Employment, such as Employer credential or a letter on employer letterhead; and
- A demonstrated need to enter the area, such as a work order, inventory list, or employer authorization.